Braemar Retirement Centre (MacGowan Nursing Home) is an accredited 69 bed licensed Long Term Care facility located in Wingham, Ontario. Braemar is a proud RNAO Best Practice Spotlight organization and is working towards becoming a DementiAbility certified home who aims to provide a collaborative, person-centered environment for staff and residents alike.
We are excited to announce we currently have a opening for a professional, enthusiastic, compassionate Cook to join our team. Responsible to the Nutrition Manager, the Cook is responsible for the provision of resident meals in accordance with all organizational and legislative policies and procedures and expected professional conduct. In collaboration with the resident care team, the Cook ensures adherence to quality resident-focused therapeutic textures and dining and actively participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Reviewing menus, preparing food following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager assists with their responsibilities.
- Monitor quality and quantity of food supplies and recommend corrective action when need be regarding quality.
- Coaches Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records and cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Completion of Cook qualifications, Chief Training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and Regulations.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of a TB test (skin test or clear chest x-ray), and a minimum of 2 doses of COVID vaccine
- Current CPR (preferred)
- Additional training in the following areas would be an asset: Safe Food Handling, GPA, Person-Centered care, education in relation to working with clients with dementia/responsive behaviours.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: Includes 6 shifts as per master schedule rotation.
3 Day shifts, 3 Evening shifts.
Salary: From $23.10 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- cooking: 1 year (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: From $23.10 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wingham, ON N0G 2W0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person