Established in 1983, FVB Psychologists is committed to offering the highest standard of psychological care to our clients. As one of the most established and comprehensive psychology practices in Ontario, we are able to provide evidence-based assessment and interventions to individuals and families. With offices in Brampton and Mississauga, we also provide a broad range of assessment and therapeutic intervention programmes to private corporations and government agencies.
In order to meet service demand, FVB is looking to contract fully registered psychologists and psychological associates (part-time or full-time) to work in our Brampton and Mississauga offices. The successful candidates must be licenced with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and be in good standing with the College. They will provide psychological assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation services to children and adolescents. Our mission is to promote and support the healthy development of children and adolescents.
Please note that we are fully open for in-person sessions.
- Provide psychological services to children, adolescents, and their families.
- Complete clinical documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Report writing and assessments for third parties and WSIB.
- Diagnostic assessments and the development and implementation of treatment plans.
- Demonstrate competency and experience in the administration and interpretation of psychological tests, particularly those relevant to the assessment of personality and socio-emotional functioning including depression, anxiety and PTSD.
- Psycho-educational assessments.
- Maintain high level of professional practice standards and ethics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise and assessment of individuals utilizing a range of evidence-based therapeutic modalities for a broad spectrum of psychological disorders.
- Excellent organization, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate with interpersonal skills to work with individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds is an asset.
- Experience with a variety of therapeutic approaches with solid cognitive-behavioural skills.
- Excellent computer skills (ability to work with web-based video conferencing and telepsychology, use of case management software, etc.).
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and be in good standing with the College.
- Ph.D. (or PsyD) or M.A. in Clinical Psychology from a CPA or APA accredited university.
Benefits of working at FVB Psychologists
- You’ll be part of an expanding client-centered practice offering an extensive range of evidence-based interventions.
- A team-based practice with opportunity for peer supervision, support, and consultation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Opportunity for training and supervision.
- All administrative functions (e.g., appointment scheduling, confirmation of appointments, billing, and deposits, filing, etc.) are executed by our full-time support team.
- Both our Brampton and Mississauga offices have experienced staff providing administrative support during clinic hours.
Hours: As psychological professionals, you select your own schedule including the preferred number of clinical hours per week you wish to work. We operate Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Compensation: FVB offers a range of competitive compensation consistent with your level of credentialling.
For more information regarding FVB Psychologists visit www.fvb.ca.
Please send C.V. and a cover letter to Dr. Shelley Rhyno at [email protected].
Job Type: Contract
- Are you able to perform face-to-face therapy sessions in either FVB offices? (Please state if there is a preference between the Brampton or Mississauga office)
- Please provide us with your licence number with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- Licence with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (required)
Work Location: In person