The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Do you have a passion for food and the creation of truly spectacular fare? If so, explore what we have to offer!
Every memorable dining experience at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel begins with behind the scenes with our culinary teams’ commitment to exceptional cuisine! As a 2nd Cook , you will be a key member of the culinary team. You will show case your talents as a 2nd Cook and ensure each dish is flawless. Your talent will ensure Our Café One guests experience it as the place to gather, dine and connect. We trust you can change with the flow of a restaurant, consistently provide our customers with remarkable meals without delay that meets the impeccable Wall Centre standards.
- Assists the Restaurant Chef, Sous Chefs and Chefs de Partie.
- Prepare all aspects of the food production for Café One, Bar One & Room Service according to hotel standards and sanitation practices.
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner with the minimum of wastage possible.
- Daily cleaning and inventory of walk in, storage and refrigerators for stock rotation and cleanliness.
- Ensure all equipment in work area is properly cleaned after every use.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Chef immediately.
- Train junior staff members on all kitchen practices and procedures
- Checking quality and receiving food orders when senior chefs are not present
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned by Chefs.
- Red Seal Certificate highly recommended
- Must be Food Safe Certified
- Ability to obtain and or maintain any provincial and federal licenses, certificates and permits.
- First Cooks are required to have a minimum of three (3) years experience in comparable 4 diamond hotels or restaurants.
- Completion of a recognized culinary program
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including opening shift/ mid shift/closing shift
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A neat, clean, well-groomed appearance as per hotel standards.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25kg
- Must be able to push carts of up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours per day.
- Explore Travel Program
- Ongoing Associate Appreciation Events
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.75-$28.80 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place, Vaccination is an employment requirement, all employees must show vaccination QR status at time of hire.
- We have an employment requirement that all employees are fully vaccinated with 2 doses of the covid19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated and can you provide us with the Canadian QR code proof?
Work Location: In person