The Berkeley is a family-owned retirement living business with roots in this community as far back as five generations. We believe in supporting local businesses and charities, forming partnerships within, and giving back to our community while also ensuring that our residents enjoy their lifestyle and love their stage of life!
Benefits of working for The Berkeley:
- Approximate starting hourly wage - $17.00
- Comprehensive 50/50 health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program and Travel Insurance.
- RRSP program (employer matched).
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately).
- Free onsite parking.
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program.
- A fun and caring environment that fosters mutual respect.
- Provides leadership in dining room orientation, training, coaching, etc., ensuring an exceptional dining experience.
- Performs all duties of the server position, supporting the health and wellness of our residents.
- Ensures food is served to the residents in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Facilitates team building and promotes a positive team spirit within the Dining Room.
- Oversight of work schedules, staff performance, sanitation, and safety.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction.
- Experience working in a retirement residence or hotel setting.
- Supervisory experience and ability to work as a team leader.
- Serving experience.
- Food Safety training/ Food Handlers Course an asset.
- Ability to relate to elderly persons showing courtesy and understanding.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be flexible to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
- A passion for providing customer satisfaction and quality service.
If you are looking for an amazing team of co-workers who live our C.A.R.E. values, a fabulous balance of work life and personal, and an amazing opportunity to make a difference, we need to hear from you!
** Applicants who do not complete the questionnaire may not be considered. **
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- What is your availability? (ie: Weekdays, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Holidays, ALL)
- Which location do you prefer? Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford
- When are you available to start?
- What are your hourly wage expectations?
- Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense for which you have not received a pardon?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Supervisory: 2 years (preferred)
- Serving: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person