Who we are
Kitchener Public Library welcomes our community to engaging spaces where people connect, ideas flourish and lives are transformed. Our values are a reflection of who we are and what we strive for as a library. The principles of equity, inclusion and belonging are present in all that we do. Everything from our spaces to our services is designed to value diversity, foster belonging and respect individual needs.
What we offer
- Comprehensive benefits
- Reliable pension
- Learning and development
- Innovative culture
- Paid time-off
What you will do
The Library Assistant, Circulation Services will provide a high level of customer service at the Central Library’s Welcome Desk. This includes checking in/out and renewing materials; explaining policies and procedures and granting exceptions when appropriate; negotiating financial transactions; etc
In this role you will:
- Provide basic reference and readers’ advisory assistance, and basic to intermediate technology support services.
- Practice pro-active reference in accordance with established standards.
- Assist customers with program registrations, room bookings and reserving a computer.
- Provide a wide variety of duties in support of system-wide circulation activities, including holds management, operating the circulation notification system, processing paging lists, library card account support, processing and fulfilling interlibrary loan requests, and managing overdue and collection account.
What you bring
- Post-secondary diploma
- 6-12 months of library or customer service experience
- Ability to learn new technologies
Accommodations are available upon request for applicants with a disability. Please contact Human Resources staff by phone 519-743-0271 ext. 276 or TTY 1-877-614- 4832, or by email [email protected].
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.38-$28.27 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 18 per week
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Library: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-11-18