Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $26.06 - $26.06 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We are currently looking to fill a Casual opportunity for a Porter at Burnaby Hospital located in Burnaby, BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Under the general supervision of the Manager Health Services, transports patients, bodies, and materials such as supplies, equipment and pharmaceuticals between hospital areas. Responsibilities:
- Transports patients and accompanying documents and/or equipment such as IV poles, utilizing mechanical aids such as beds, stretchers, and wheelchairs.
- Assists in lifting and transferring of patients to and from beds, stretchers, and wheelchairs.
- Responds to patients' requests during transport.
- Accompanies patients to the discharge area and assists/helps them into the vehicle as required.
- Completes Porter Service request forms and responds to telephone and paging systems for requests for transportation of patients, stat specimens, and related equipment.
- Provides messenger services to nursing units such as charts, z-ray films, specimens, pharmacy, as required.
- Transfers bodies to Morgue and registers/records necessary paper work.
- Transports clean supplies and materials to all areas of the facility and collects soiled supplies and equipment as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 10 plus one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.