As part of Walmart Team, you will be joining a Top Fleet Employer for 2021 and contribute to the success of the Largest Employer in the world. We maintain a solid track record of growth that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefit package
- Discounts offering
- Professional development opportunities
- Rewarding pension and stock purchase program
This role is to provide supervision and leadership to the Driver Fleet and assistance to the Dispatch and Admin staff.
- Plans and outlines daily workload distribution for team members to execute completion.
- Co-ordinates the flow of inbound and outbound freight while staying abreast of daily priorities and weekly transportation targets.
- Ensures the timely resolution of customer inquiries, concerns and problems.
- Supports Regional Transportation operations offering assistance and guidance as required.
- Plans and schedules team members to ensure proper staffing across all shifts, ensuring alignment with volumes and service expectations.
- Reviews accuracy of time and attendance reporting to ensure legal compliance with hours of work
- Awareness of Highway traffic act including hours of service, TDG, weight restrictions etc.
- Strong knowledge of applicable routes within region.
- Compiles data on incidents and accident, and distributes and communicates with appropriate personnel.
- Committed to achieving Transportation targets in a timely fashion while focusing on continuous improvement
- Customer Service Skills including effectively and efficiently responding to Client and employee inquiries; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise; etc.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Fleet Dispatcher
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiply projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to resolve issues with drivers, colleagues, etc.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Tuesdays to Saturdays, 6 AM to 2:30 PM
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person