Req ID: 24209
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 11/28/2023
The Recreation Customer Service Centre is looking for an enthusiastic individual that works well independently and has great customer service skills to join our team as a Courier Driver.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service Booking and Registration, the successful candidate will:
- Pick up and deliver mail, parcels, printing materials on a scheduled basis to City departments and Recreation Division facilities.
- Make unscheduled pick-ups and deliveries when required.
- Assist in the general operation of the Customer Service Centre i.e., sorting incoming mail; preparing required outgoing mail and delivery of internal printed material.
- Maintain accurate delivery records and vehicle pre-trip log book, ensuring City vehicle is fueled and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Report all maintenance concerns to the Supervisor.
- Operate vehicle according to Ontario Driving Standards and Provincial Laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: In this position, Safety Shoes are mandatory.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Must have a valid G driver's license with an excellent driving record.
- A driving abstract is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mississauga's geography is required.
- Must be physically able to carry out moderate to heavy lifting.
- Able to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions e.g. weather conditions, last minute change to daily delivery route.
- Plans and uses time effectively.
- Basic computer skills.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 21.68 - $ 28.91
Hours of Work: 12-24 hrs per week
Work Location: Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Organization Unit: CMS/Booking & Registration
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation & Culture Division , Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.
If you are selected for an interview you are expected to disclose all current positions held in the City, whether full time or part time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.