Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Representative Position is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating human resources and employee relations policies, programs and procedures and advise managers on personnel matters. Primarily accountable for involvement in staffing, benefits, orientation, training, compensation and employee relations. In addition, implement measures to increase employee morale, motivation and satisfaction, while reducing turnover. This position coaches managers and employees on policies, programs and procedures and assist managers and employees with performance management process.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Develops and administers Human Resources objectives and programs.
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefit programs and employee agreements.
- Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, and employment equity.
- Manage and maintain human resources information on InfoHR.
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover and work related injuries.
- Use Empcenter software to manager employee timesheets/attendance and run payroll reports.
- Implement succession planning initiatives consistent with future forecasted workforce needs.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Manage all WSIB claims and the Early and Safe Return to Work Program.
- Manage all Benefits programs [STD, LTD, Greenshield].
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, agencies, or members of the business community.
- Present information to top management and/or public groups.
- Read application forms, resumes and cover letters from job applicants.
- Write policy papers to provide advice, guidance and recommendations on a wide variety of human resource matters.
- Prepare project costings with critical path information relating to money, people and time lines.
- Post-Secondary education in a field related to personnel management such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce, or psychology or minimum two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Ability to read legislative documents relating to human rights or labour standards to comply with legal requirements.
- Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with human resources information systems (such as InfoHR) considered an asset.
- Through the provision of problem solving processes, assist teams to identify issues and to clarify how they may be resolved.
- Work independently to conduct research and develop policy papers and reports as needed.
- Work in a team environment when needed.
- Continuously learn to maintain a current knowledge of policies, procedures and industry practice and to upgrade computer skills.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.