About Us: At Worldwide, we understand that staying connected is vital in today's world. We are the leading provider of wireline and wireless workforce solutions, ensuring hundreds of British Columbians stay connected with Telus' 100% fiber optic connection to the home. Our founder, once a technician like you, believed in creating a company where technicians are not just valued but celebrated. Join us and become a part of a team that values growth, independence, and exceptional customer service.
Job Description: We are seeking enthusiastic and skilled Fiber Optic Installation & Repair Technicians to join our team in Victoria, Colwood, Sidney, Sooke and surrounding areas. As a Technician, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Your day-to-day tasks will include installation of Internet, Optik TV, Home Phone, and Smart Home Security & Automation. You will troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve service issues, educate customers on exciting bundles, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Dispatch from home to customer locations using company-provided tablet/phone apps.
- Reach out to customers prior to arrival, providing ETA.
- Install and troubleshoot Internet, Optik TV, Home Phone, and Smart Home Security & Automation.
- Run wiring, outlets, and building infrastructure.
- Assess current customer services and find value additions through bundling.
- Maintain accurate inventory information of Telus supplied equipment.
- Ensure reliability of all customer services using online test tools.
- Deliver a "5 Star" customer experience on every visit.
- Adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Experience with low voltage, electrical, cabling (twisted pair or fiber optics).
- Familiarity with everyday hand tools and computer hardware/software.
- Strong customer service background and sales abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
- Physically capable of carrying and erecting a 60lbs ladder, climbing ladders multiple times a day, and lifting heavy objects.
- Positive, solutions-based attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work 1 weekend and 1 evening shift (available until 7 pm) per week.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Pay and Benefits: We offer a competitive piece-rate model, ensuring your hard work is rewarded. In addition to piece-rate income, there is guaranteed hourly pay for your scheduled hours, providing financial stability even on slower days. We also have a robust referral commission bonus program. As a part of our team, you will have access to paid training, growth opportunities, and a great benefits package.
How to Apply: If you are a dedicated, skilled, and customer-focused individual, we want to hear from you. Only applicants currently located in Canada will be considered.
Join Worldwide, where your skills are valued, your growth is encouraged, and your contribution makes a difference!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person