FULL TIME DRIVER – VICTORIA
UPS is currently looking for Full Time Courier Driver (Delivery Driver) to work based from our Victoria Facility (Saanich BC).
- Position: Full-Time Courier Driver (Delivery Driver)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday (9:00AM Start)*
- Scheduled shift: varies based on operational requirements*
- Package Center location: 200 - 770 Enterprise Crescent, Victoria BC
*Schedules are based on operational requirements. Shift hours may slightly vary and will be subject to change.
On a daily basis, UPS Drivers are to complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections on their assigned vehicle. Also, they are responsible in completing their daily delivery and pick-up schedules. They should be comfortable using road maps and other trip planning aids and be able to solve dispatch problems on route.
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Ability to follow set and standard procedures;
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License (Class 5 or Canadian Equivalent);
- Must have a clean driver's abstract
- Able to occasionally lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding delivery environment;
What we offer:
UPS offers a competitive compensation package which includes a guaranteed wage progression, guaranteed top rate, annual cost of living adjustments, benefit options including health and dental coverage, group insurance plan, paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan and an unlimited opportunity to grow within the company.
Our employee benefits include the following:
- Training and Development: UPS provides full training for all positions to ensure safety and compliance to policies and regulations.
- Weekly Compensation: Employees are paid on a weekly basis, every Friday.
- Guaranteed Wage Progression: Employees are to receive guaranteed wage progression with a guaranteed top rate. On completing progression, UPS Drivers receive a top rate of above $30.00¹ per hour.
- Generous Benefits Package: All UPS employees have extended health, dental, and vision benefits. UPS drivers have a Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Promotion From Within: UPS is a globally known brand and has expanded in many countries and so UPS offers lots of room for advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee Discounts: All UPS employees have the chance to take advantage in employee discounts when purchasing UPS merchandise and other brands through UPSers.
¹Conditions Apply. Based on Guaranteed Wage Progression. Current effective wage is based on regular wage plus rate premiums. Speak with the Talent Acquisitions team for more information on how these rate premiums enhances your pay
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All driver candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews and a driving competency test in order to qualify. Background and reference checks will also be required.
UPS is a Federally Regulated Workplace
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our Talent Acquisitions representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person