Lakes District Maintenance Inc (a subsidiary of Volker Stevin Canada) is dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and aggregate plants and pits.
Specialized Abilities & Skills:
- Mechanical and operational aptitude, physically fit, mentally alert, safety conscious.
- Ability to follow directions promptly and efficiently.
- Hold a requisite valid BC driver’s licence.
- Ability to learn and perform duties without immediate supervision.
- Ability to direct other team members.
- Tact, sound judgement, ability to deal with other employees, the general public and suppliers.
- Thorough knowledge of tendering procedures as they relate to both sub‐contracts and regular inventory.
- Ability to operate a fork‐lift.
- Preparing, issuing and analyzing invitations to quote or requests for proposals from suppliers
- Work order preparation and reporting
- Experience with automated inventory control
- Negotiating prices, terms and conditions of contracts using methods such as volume discounts, freight consolidations, etc. to reduce costs
- Approving contracts and recommending awards
- Resolving post contractual problems
- Monitoring, amending or terminating contracts
- Maintaining of records of stores both in the main establishment and the outlying stores
- Carrying out physical inventories periodically, reconciling losses
- Ensuring the proper condition and storing of property
- Checking records of outlying stores; preparing lists of stores; supervising and where applicable instructing employees in charge of stores
- Performing other similar or lower classification duties as
- Direct employees assigned to assist
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably grade 12 or equivalent, valid provincial Tradesman’s Qualification Certificate or the approved equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of all practices and procedures involved in both the purchasing and maintenance of inventory on a large stores’ establishment.
- Experience with computer hardware/software and general business machines.
- Must hold and maintain WHMIS certification and Level 1 First Aid as supplied by the Employer.
- Must have an awareness of environmental issues as it relates to highways and bridge maintenance.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $34.80 per hour
Expected hours: 35 per week
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burns Lake, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person