Backend Developer (Data Engineer)
Tradable Bits, the leading fan-based marketing software platform for music and sports, is looking to fill a Backend Developer with a focus on database related code for an in-office position to join our development team. The successful applicant should be available to work from either our Vancouver or Victoria locations.
What Fun Things You’ll Be Doing:
- Writing high quality code covering everything from database to frontend, with a focus on backend
- Working with a small, talented, and friendly development team
- Participating in on-site deployments at festivals and arenas, as needed
Must Have Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of the network protocols necessary for web development (HTTP, TLS, TCP).
- Understanding of core Unix concepts (threading, processes, memory)
- Good coding experience with Python, SQL
- Solid experience working with SQL like database (PostgreSQL is a DB of choice, however, other engines are accepted)
- BSc in Science, Math, Engineering, or related
- Minimum of one year industry experience
- Good understanding of data modelling
- Good understanding of application design and mapping of business logic rules
- Good Hands on experience with Linux/Unix (MacOS will be considered)
- Familiarity with GNU stack
- Initiative to manage your own workload in a constantly evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience collaborating with a team using VCS (Git, Mercurial)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of features
- Sense of humour and curiosity
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- This is primarily an in-office role to start
What You’ll Really Like About Working Here:
- Competitive salary and full extended benefits
- Opportunity to work side-by-side with industry experts
- Focus on personal development, collaboration and mentorship
- Team-oriented environment with snacks, coffee, drinks and happy hours
- Creative freedom, flexible work environment, and ownership over your projects
PLUS your development work will be used by many of the world’s largest entertainment brands in the world, meaning you will take pride and ownership of the success of our partners like Live Nation, MLSE, OCESA, Portland Trailblazers, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, and Outside Lands - just to name a few.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ALONG WITH YOUR SUBMISSION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.