Talent & Culture Coordinator
Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Waterfront
Talent & Culture Coordinator
Join our team as Talent & Culture Coordinator to support the day-to-day operations of Talent & Culture, and to ensure Fairmont Waterfront is the best place to work for all of our colleagues!
Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Talent & Culture, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
ccurate completion of the administrative functions of the department including typing, filing and photocopying
- Provide office coverage, answering inquiries from colleagues in person and over the telephone
- Assist in the administration of staff relations activities as required
- Data entry into an HR Management System
- Assist in the management of all office administration duties (office equipment, forms, employee lockers, handling mail) ensuring smooth paper flow and maintaining the orderliness of the office
- Assist in maintaining a confidential filing system for employee files, correspondence, policies and standards
- Proactively maintain stationary supplies; includes preparing purchase orders
- Responsible for cheque deposits, and cash deposits for petty cash
- Conduct tours of the hotel for colleagues and for schools while being an ambassador for our brand and our hotel
- Various other duties as required and assigned
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Previous experience in a Human Resources department is an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline is an asset
- Experience in an office environment or administrative role an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in very busy environment
- Flexibility to meet constantly changing demands of the workplace
- Computer literacy with strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Powerpoint
- Exceptional organizational skills with previous experience handling confidential issues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships and foster cooperation
- Proven desire to be involved in maintaining Guest Service Excellence by providing quality service to both our internal guests and future colleagues
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently
Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit
to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
11.Nov.2017, 2:59:00 AM