We're looking for a Branch Manager at our Athabasca, Alberta branch!
Athabasca is just 1.5 hours north of Edmonton (relocation assistance may be available)
Compensation: $85,699 - $107,124 per annum
Servus Credit Union is Alberta's largest credit union and is ranked #1 in Canada on Forbes’ World’s Best Banks list for 2022! Driven by cooperative values, one might even say we're member-obsessed – because helping our members feel good about their money through improved financial fitness builds better lives and stronger, more resilient communities.
Propelled by our aspirational values of being smart, gutsy and driven, Servus is growing, enhancing member and employee experience and shifting to a culture where we can easily deliver our best.
Reporting to the District Manager, your primary goal is to empower and support your employees to shape our members financial fitness. You come up with strategies to increase productivity and performance levels in order to meet the goals of our members and the business. Our Branch Managers are passionate about the communities they serve and showcase that through their support and involvement in community events and committees.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating and coaching employees to find opportunities to shape members financial fitness
- Being proactive in pursuing new business opportunities
- Monitoring and ensuring financial targets are being met or exceeded for the branch
- Promoting referrals to our Wealth Management, Business Banking, and 3rd party providers
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and loss prevention guidelines to mitigate risk of loss
- Providing support, guidance, and training to all employees as necessary to ensure performance improvement and cohesive teamwork
- Preparing accurate and complete documentation, processing account changes, and handling member inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in progressively senior lending or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Credit Union products, policies, procedures, and operations.
- Mutual Funds license
Certificate in Financial Services Advice which includes:
o Investment Funds in Canada Course & License (IFIC)
o Personal Financial Service Advice (PFSA)
o Financial Planning I (FP1)
- Please note: Candidates contacted for an interview will be asked to prepare a 30, 60 and 90 day transition plan for this role.
By creating a healthy and inclusive work environment and providing employees with the tools and supports they need, we help our employees achieve their potential.
Servus is committed to providing a great place to work, and we invest in our employees by ensuring they have:
- A supportive and engaging working environment
- Benefits that lead the field
- A total rewards strategy that includes recognition for a job well done
- Learning options that support lifelong learning and career-building opportunities
- Opportunities and support for volunteering in local communities and abroad
- Support for employee fundraising through our annual corporate fundraising events and through several less formal initiatives led by our employees
Here are some of the benefits that our employees love:
- Financial product benefits available immediately
- Group RRSP and Coop Superannuation Pension Plan matched programs
- Vacation purchase program
- Employee financial services team available to help you reach your financial goals
- Recognition for years of service
- Disability programs
- Group benefit coverage including extended health care coverage, travel insurance, dental plans, and specialized medical coverage
- Flexible spending account to purchase additional health or personal wellness items
- Wellness initiatives
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Personal care days
- Reward programs
- Incentive pay program
As Servus, our employees are also members. This means you'll have all the benefits of being a member of the credit union including profit sharing, voting for the board of directors, and all of the services we provide … with a few additional perks! Imagine working for an organization that values diversity and inclusivity, and where everyone collaborates for your success. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate about making an impact, apply now!
Click on the link below to apply for this amazing opportunity. If you're shortlisted, you'll hear from us after the posting closes. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, send us a quick email at [email protected] with the position and location you're interested in. Thanks for applying with Servus Credit Union; we look forward to learning about you and your experience!
Please note that confidential inquiries may be sent to [email protected].
Servus Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, and sexual orientation.