Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking a Laboratory Storekeeper/Sample Reception to join our Elec Insulation & Lab Services Department. Under the
limited supervision of the Section Head, will be responsible for requisitioning, receiving, stocking, and issuing inventory and
non-inventory material, and obtaining quotes for various items for Chemical Lab Services in accordance with Corporate Policy,
receiving all samples and performing all sample login in a thorough, prompt and cost effective manner. Will also be responsible for
providing administrative support to the Chemical Laboratory Services section. This position is for approximately 10-18 month term.
- Conduct the initial sample triage and, under direction from lab staff, assign proper tests and turnaround times for the analysis.
- Interact with customers and lab staff to obtain pertinent sample information in order to achieve accurate and complete sample
receipt, login to LIMS, and sample labeling.
- Direct calls from clients, suppliers, and other parties to the appropriate lab staff.
- Responsible for the ordering, unloading of material, preparing goods receipts, checking packing slips for accuracy, checking
material for defects, returning material, and storing material and entry of inventory into LIMS.
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders for lab tools, equipment, and consumables in accordance with minimum and
maximum requirements as established by the supervisors.
- Responsible for the documentation and shipping of sample supplies and of dangerous goods and WHMIS controlled products
(both ground and air transportation).
- Perform all Chemical Lab stores/admin functions, as required, using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System),
SAP (System Application Products), and following Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Reconcile monthly VISA and expense transactions and complete Service Entries, Goods Receipts, and invoicing in SAP.
- Provide administrative assistance to the department, as required.
- Ensure duties performed comply with Corporate, Safety, Security and Environmental Management Policy.
"Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be
an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities."
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus two years' experience in handling, expediting, and documentation of lab test samples,
consumable materials, tools, and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of LIMS, SAP, Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Application (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and
HRMS. Familiarity with AMPS and EAM is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of stores shipping and receiving processes, inventory management, accounting, and material
- Good working knowledge of materials commonly used in the operation and maintenance of a chemical laboratory.
- Possess a scientific approach to work, including neatness, thoroughness, and inventiveness with great attention to detail.
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY