Compensation: $50,850 - $71,091 per annum plus benefits
Posting closes: November 15, 2023
Employment status: Full-Time, Permanent - This is a Monday - Friday branch
Servus Credit Union is Alberta's largest credit union and is ranked #1 in Canada on Forbes’ World’s Best Banks list for 2022! Driven by cooperative values, one might even say we're member-obsessed – because helping our members feel good about their money through improved financial fitness builds better lives and stronger, more resilient communities.
Propelled by our aspirational values of being smart, gutsy and driven, Servus is growing, enhancing member and employee experience and shifting to a culture where we can easily deliver our best.
We're looking for a full-time Financial Advisor at our Lloydminster Atrium Branch!
Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, your primary objective is to bring our noble purpose to life by developing long term relationships with members, building trust, and delivering customized financial solutions that shape their financial fitness.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying opportunities to match members with the right products and solutions that help shape their financial fitness
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets and referral goals
- Participating and assisting in business development plans through corporate/branch marketing campaigns
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills and engaging members in conversations to determine their immediate needs
- Developing ongoing knowledge of our current investment/retail banking services and products (e.g., mutual funds, underwriting, credits, loans, investment needs, etc.)
- Promoting referrals to our Wealth Management, Business Banking teams, and our 3rd party providers
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the local market, competitive offers, and economic trends
- Adhering to all audits, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements to mitigate risks of fraud or loss
- Providing outstanding member experience by adhering to Servus' best practices
- Contributing to Servus' unparalleled culture of teamwork, positivity, and collaboration
- Maintaining Servus' positive image in the community
To qualify, you will need at least 2 years of retail banking or related financial industry experience, preferably in sales or customer service and a high school diploma.
Although not required, the following education/certificates are valuable assets:
- Post-secondary education in Finance (or related studies)
- Investment Funds in Canada Course & License (IFIC)
- Personal Financial Service Advice (PFSA)
- Financial Planning I (FP1)
Moreover, Servus encourages candidates with a strong desire to learn and improve their financial intelligence! We provide extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance, to give you all the right tools to succeed and continually improve in this role.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication skills, who are effortless in building rapport with our customers. If you are a positive, organized, and detail-oriented individual looking for a long-term career growth, then we encourage you to apply!
Working for Servus has outstanding benefits. We offer our employees flexible and practical benefits in addition to competitive salaries and career building opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Immediate financial service benefits
- Group RSP programs available after 3 months
- Minimum 3 weeks vacation and vacation purchase program
- Flexible group benefit plan
- Flexible health and/or wellness spending account
- Employee/family assistance program
- Profit Share
Imagine working for an organization that values diversity and inclusivity, and where everyone collaborates for your success. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate in making an impact, apply now!
What happens next?
Thank you for applying with Servus Credit Union! If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting closes regarding next steps. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.