Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Previous warehousing experience required.
Mon-Fri, 8 am – 5 pm, (Saturdays 8 am – noon, when applicable)
Are you looking for an opportunity to incorporate your passion for cars and your passion for providing best in class customer service? If so, this may be exactly what you’re looking for. At CARQUEST, we strive to be the best parts provider in the automotive after-market industry. We’re a division of Advance Auto Parts, the largest after-market auto parts provider in North America.
We are looking for positive, goal-driven, automotive enthusiasts to join our collaborative team in our General Warehouse position.
What we have to offer:
- Visibility to career growth opportunities across the entire Advance Auto Parts organization
- Access to a robust online training system for personal or leadership development
- A rewarding organizational culture through our Team Member recognition program and team lunches
- Employee discounts on auto parts, tools and equipment
- Group employee benefits including health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D after 3 months
- Financial benefits including group RRSP with employer contribution and discounted Employee Stock Purchase plans for all permanent Team Members
- Celebratory team lunches
About the Position:
This is an entry-level Distribution Centre position and under supervision, our General Warehouse Workers will pull, label and load parts accurately and within a timely manner. Our Team Members will receive, sort, count and verify incoming parts against documentation to ensure accuracy and integrity of parts for stock and distribution.
Our General Warehouse Workers are responsible for:
- Mark pallets with identifying store information
- Use lift equipment as needed once training and certification are completed
- Pick and stage parts for store replenishment
- Use a hand-held radio frequency device
- Receive work assignments daily from the stocking supervisor regarding what lines need to be stocked and in what areas
- Stock new merchandise, palletize and label overstock so that it may be handled properly
- Check shipments for accuracy and report the results
- Prepare the assigned zone to begin pulling each day
- Receive freight daily and unloads merchandise
- Ensure that all daily housekeeping duties are completed at the end of day
What you bring to the team:
- Flexibility in availability – Available to work Saturdays and to work Full-Time hours
- You are reliable – You are a self-starter who is dependable in completing tasks and is responsible with company equipment
- You are a team player – You are dedicated to contributing to a collaborative team with a positive and friendly attitude and contribute to a safe work environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals
- Have prior warehouse training or experience an asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and basis of disability or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $16.93 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person