ProLift Rigging is a privately owned, purpose-driven industrial construction company that has a unique, opportunistic, and growth-oriented culture.
To acknowledge and glorify God by living in submission to Him as we steward His resources, giving Him thanks through the meaningful work we do, and directing the profits of our business to the redemptive work He is doing on the earth.
To be the best full-service lifting, rigging, and relocation solutions company, enabling total project success for teams that construct, move, or maintain mission-critical plant, machines, and equipment.
- Loyal and growing customers that consider us the best.
- Aligned, engaged, value-driven, and effective team members doing whatever it takes to achieve our mission.
- Esteemed by the participants in our industry.
- High return on capital.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Safety - Evaluate risk, plan to mitigate it to protect customers, our team, the public, and property.
- Focus - Focus on the potential of our customers and fellow teammates, working for their success as if our success is on the line.
- Ingenuity - Think about, discuss, and implement ideas that make us better.
- Superintend - take seriously the opportunity to wisely invest time, talent, and capital for the benefit of others.
- Respect - Soberly respect others and the work we do. Both matters.
- Diligence - Remember that any meaningful goal is achieved through dogged persistence and staying engaged.
- Teamwork - We are a team that needs each members' contribution to achieve our mission.
The Superintendent will professionally execute heavy lifting and heavy transportation work in the field and at the yard that is in keeping with company processes and standards by leading the team to perform safely, profitably, and with delighted customers. The Superintendent is responsible for the safety and training of the men in their crew.
- Understand the Core Values of the company and seek to exhibit those in the work assigned
- Support the sales effort by performing job walks, assisting in estimating schedule, equipment duration, solution selling, and other business development efforts as needed
- Work collaboratively with the engineering support to assist in planning and optimizing upcoming work
- Participate in handoff meetings to receive direction, engineer drawings, and schedules, and communicate expectations for field performance
- Work together with internal resources to identify equipment needed, perform inspections, develop load-out lists, and coordinate trucking as necessary
- Execute scheduled work while utilizing company safety programs to evaluate job hazards and manage risks throughout job tasks
- Delegate tasks to field crews with clear man-hour expectations and safe performance criteria
- Ensure that all crew members are qualified for the work assigned
- Work with an eye towards improvement on schedule, safe performance, and equipment maintenance
- Cultivate an environment of idea generation and communicate any significant ideas to management
- Develop an attitude of fairness towards crew members in assigning work and coaching
- Train the crew members on your team to continue to add qual cards to their resume
- Treat all customers with dignity and respect
- Lead the team by exhibiting high morale towards the company and towards work
- Participate in the evaluation of crew members at scheduled intervals and management
PROLIFT RIGGING OFFERS:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- Matching RRSP program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Other additional personal and professional benefits are available.
- Communication Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Crane And Rigging 2 Year(s)
- Foreman 5 Year(s)
HS diploma or equivalent
ProLift Rigging strives to foster inclusivity and promote equal opportunities for all individuals. As an employer, we are dedicated to upholding diversity and providing necessary accommodations to applicants, in line with the guidelines set forth by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42.00-$50.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person