We are looking for a positive, motivated & reliable individual to join our medical team as a MOA/Receptionist. Cowichan Ophthalmology is a surgical specialist office that serves a large and busy patient population in the Cowichan Valley. We have a dedicated, supportive staff and look forward to welcoming you.
Our successful candidate will be someone who:
- Is experienced in routine receptionist and secretarial duties - maintaining accurate patient records, coordinating appointments, using standard office equipment, greeting and directing patients.
- Has professional and friendly telephone skills.
- Is skilled with computers and both able and interested in learning new software. Efficiency using Accuro - Electronic Medical Records is a bonus.
- Is excellent at multitasking and can work accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Is able to provide a positive and professional attitude towards both patients and staff.
- Is kind and caring with elderly patients.
- Is able to work constructively in both an individual and team environment.
- Will maintain patient and office confidentiality without exception.
- Will adhere to office COVID-19 protocols and has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Compensation based on experience and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- MOA/Receptionist: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-11-06