At Parkbridge, community is at the heart of what we do. We are Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of:
- Residential Communities
- Cottage & RV Resorts
Not only do we make affordable and exceptional communities for our residents and customers, we build a strong community for our employees across all of our functions and lines of business.
Growing through acquisitions and strategically through the development of new communities, Parkbridge has expanded significantly from 2 original properties in 1998 to 124 properties. We proudly partner with communities right across Canada where people want to live and relax.
As Parkbridge grows, we are always looking to expand our team of staff who are committed to bringing respect, authenticity and passion to work every day. If you share our commitment to providing excellent service to our communities, then this opportunity is for you!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Community Manager will support the Company’s objectives by implementing the company's plan for the community and fulfilling the company's responsibilities to its customers.
This position plays an integral role in implementing the company’s vision for the community and to serving residents with excellence.
- Manage staff effectively
- Understand/manage infrastructure effectively
- “Think like an owner”
- Train staff on how to effectively deliver exceptional customer service
- Build solid brand recognition for the property based on delivery of service
- Ensure safe and enjoyable environment for residents and employees
- Weekly “walk the property” tours
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with quickly and in person
- Work with functional areas including (HR, H&S, Finance, IT, etc.).
- Train and supervise staff as required - oversight of 1-5 employees
- Build an effective team around the community staff (R&M, Admin, etc.)
- Lead staff to ensure company procedures and policies are followed
- Manage labour costs on schedule
- Promote a business environment that is customer friendly
- Be a positive role model for staff
- Lead by example in a team-based work environment
- “Think like an owner” by promoting a work environment that reinforces operational effectiveness and operation efficiency to assure continued profitability
- Support management and fully implement its policies and procedures
- Regularly attend regional meetings
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship with business partners.
- Prepare/monitor annual property operations for Capex budget
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and tracked
- Ensure employee timekeeping and payroll activities are properly executed
- Ensure information/reports provided to management are timely, accurate and on-target
- Procure goods and services according to protocols established by management
- Implement and achieve annual business & financial plan for the community.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all community activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Ensure that all community facilities are maintained in safe condition
- Immediately notify management when operations are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair
- Ensure all employees are aware of the property’s safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipment
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in property, hospitality management required
- Solid knowledge of the RTA
- Willing to Travel within 2 hour of Ottawa
- Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize infrastructure projects
- IT literate and skilled with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline would be an asset
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check and well as administration testing .
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time