Title: Department Manager, Risk and Assurance
Location: Home Office - 1645 Inkster Blvd, Winnipeg
Benefits of working at Arctic Co-ops include
- a competitive salary,
- annual vacation (accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation time in first year),
- employer-matched pension plan,
- comprehensive group benefits plan including General flexible Spending Accounts
- career development opportunities,
- annual performance plans,
- hybrid work setup
- and an environment where employees are encouraged, supported and recognized.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance the Department Manager, Risk & Assurance is responsible for project feasibility and development, system insurance programs, and audit and loss prevention programs for Member Co-operatives, Arctic Co-operatives, and subsidiaries. With a focus on service and risk mitigation, the Department Manager will develop and deliver programs that will ensure the sustainability and growth of the Arctic Co-operative System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, manage, and direct department programs in line with the division priorities, to ensure the mitigation of risk and compliance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
· Conduct internal control verifications and provide recommendations on internal weaknesses.
· Ensure proper feasibilities and analyses are completed as part of the Co-op System’s capital planning activities.
· Prepare financial applications for funding from financial institutions, government, and other funding agencies.
· Manage and direct the Insurance Program for the Arctic Co-ops System including evaluation of coverages and effectiveness of the various segments of the program.
· Develop loss prevention and internal programs, policies and procedures which will deter violations and reduce shrinkage; implements/recommends these programs at the Subsidiary/Co-operative level.
· Investigate breaches of policies pertaining to theft or fraud; gathers fact and evidence that would enable recovery of loss and form the basis for effective prosecution of offenders.
· Perform loss prevention and audits of the applications and/or operating policies to identify weaknesses relating to shrinkage control: recommend changes to eliminate the weaknesses.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Professional designation (e.g., CPA, CRM, CIP, CIA).
· Sound knowledge of operational, risk management, internal control, and audit disciplines.
· Experience in managing loss prevention in a retail organization is considered an asset.
· Excellent problem solving, management, and organization skills.
· Consultative and analytical mindset.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to travel.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and work unsupervised in the field.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a professional designation (e.g., CPA, CRM, CIP, CIA)?
Work Location: In person