Req ID: 24226
Vacancy Type: Temporary - One year contract
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 11/24/2023
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have high attention to detail? Then the role of the Transit Operations Assistant might be the right one for you!
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Business Services & Administration, the Operations Assistant will provide daily administrative and business support to the Operations team. This includes support to all lines of business in Operations, including Routes, Service Delivery, and the Employees Team.
This position will have an opportunity to work from home. In office days will alternate between the E.J. (Ed) Dowling Transit Facility and the Malton Transit Facility. In order to support various special events, some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Prepare and administer work schedules sign up for Transit Operators, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, in accordance with the Collective Agreement and Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide administrative support to ensure all business administrative task and activities pertinent to Transit Operations are effectively managed
- Enter payroll data into SAP Time & Labour for all non-union Operations team members
- Work with the Records Clerk to review and keep current Operations file management system, both hard copy and electronic.
- Respond to inquiries in the shared Outlook Transit Inboxes by assessing and prioritizing the nature of the inquiry
- Responsible for posting of communication notices (both physical and electronic) and maintaining the boards for accurate information
- Assist with the planning and organizing of operational awards, retirement and recognition events (ie. OSL Safety Awards, Customer Service Week, etc.)
- Assist in the coordination of meeting and facility bookings
- Provide administrative support to both of Transit's Joint Health and Safety Committees (ie. preparing agendas, attending meetings, minute taking, postings, etc.)
- P Card holder for the Operations sections
- Use SharePoint to track departmental initiatives and record updates on a timely basis
- Provide back up support to other Operations Assistants and the Transit Clerk as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field, with a minimum of five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, elected officials, and members of public and outside agencies
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required
- Experience with SAP and SharePoint is considered an asset
- Experience preparing memos and letters, proofreading and editing professional correspondence
- Excellent attention to detail with strong time management to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Proven team player with ability to manage conflict and effectively deal with difficult situations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Must work effectively with minimum direction and within a team settings
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 57,786.00 - $ 77,051.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Mississauga Transit
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Operations
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.