Equipment Division Manager
The Compressor Technician is responsible for supplying, installing, and maintaining compressors on site and rebuilding in our service department. The Technician is required to perform his/her duties in compliance with Color Compass Corporation policies and procedures. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining misc. body shop equipment, install of air lines, filters, dryers, etc. Other duties may be required.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Provide repair estimates, and recommend whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Disassemble compressors so that problems can be diagnosed, and repairs can be made.
- Observe and examine compressors during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing compressors.
- Adhere to Color Compass Corporation policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate superior customer services skills; answer questions customers may have.
- Maintain and ensure inventory of products and tools at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in related field would be considered an asset.
- Must have knowledge of piston and screw type compressors.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Understanding of the industry and area of service.
- Knowledge of electrical considered an asset.
- Manual dexterity required to operate and use necessary tools and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Sitting, standing, bending and walking.
- Most work in lower mainland, with some travel to Vancouver Island and Southern Interior.
- Overtime may be required.
- Service van and specialty tools are provided.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V3S 6K1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Compressor repair: 2 years (preferred)
- piston & screw compressor repair: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Surrey, BC V3S 6K1