At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
Richardson Pioneer, a division of Richardson International, is Canada’s leading agribusiness. Richardson Pioneer supports Canadian farmers throughout the growing season – providing agronomic services and advice, selling crop inputs, buying their crops at harvest and selling them to markets around the world through the most efficient network of high throughput Ag Business Centres in Western Canada.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for a Grain Marketing Representative at our Richardson Pioneer Ag Business Centre located in Kindersley, SK.
As a Grain Merchant, you will contribute to the strategy and execution of the location's grain merchandising plan by managing sourcing and logistics; and guiding customer relations and contract management.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitably do business. Maintain regular contact with customers at the location
- Contacts producers on farm based on customer strategies in order to increase awareness of customer's/ business needs and develops Crop Plans for key customers
- Develop and implement a merchandising strategy for the location
- Collect grain samples for processing to create data sample base
- Develop grain contracts to reflect movement opportunities as well as customer strategy
- Adhere to contract compliance (i.e. contract signature and ensuring delivery)
- Arrange delivery of grain contracts for weekly grain orders
- Provides timely service, marketing options, contracting options and advice to current and potential customers
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area, and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Participates in market area promotional activities
- Executes sales programs within assigned area in order to meet and/or exceed budgeted grain volumes and margins
- A valid driver's licence is required
- Performs other related duties as required
Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education. Experience merchandising grain and working knowledge of futures and commodity trading in Canada is preferred. Proven negotiating and risk management skills along with the ability to problem solve and make decisions. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities may be considered. Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license.
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should visit our website www.richardson.ca/careers or click the Apply icon to apply online by November 30, 2023
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person