Position Title: Receptionist/Purchasing Clerk
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Duration: Temporary, Full-Time (2 month contract)
Location: 661 University Ave.
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: OPEN
Salary: $22.18 to $24.86 hourly
Posting Date: October 17, 2017
Closing Date: November 9, 2017
Internal Applicants to be considered first.
To provide receptionist services and other clerical support services to the Toronto Public Health Laboratory.
• Greets visitors, clients and callers, determines the nature of their business, answers inquiries, provides information and takes messages, and directs them to the appropriate person(s) or place(s)
• Maintains security by following procedures and controlling access: monitor contractor/visitors pass log and visitor passes
• Prepares and receives courier packages
• Accepts drinking water samples and assists the public with drinking water sample procedures/concerns
• Accepts and logs request for proposals or bids
• Monitors requests for boardroom bookings and maintains related calendars in Outlook.
• Prepares letters, spreadsheets, on an as needed basis
• Additional duties as assigned by manager as required
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of the PHOL programs, procedures and test terminology as well as other laboratory and public health services in order to discern nature of inquiries, provide general information and test result documents, and direct visitors’;
• Proficiency in oral and written French and English in order to provide bilingual services when responding to callers and visitors, answering inquiries, and reading/preparing forms or documents;
• Knowledge of purchasing practices and documentation as well as cost centre and general leger account numbers in order to code incoming invoices;
• Knowledge of office procedures, practices and guidelines in relation to release of information, record maintenance, and office supplies in order to provide support in these areas and maintain confidentiality;
• Knowledge of the operation of office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, facsimiles, and scanners;
Education and Experience
• High school diploma;
• Two years’ receptionist experience’
• Skills in Microsoft Outlook to maintain boardroom booking calendars.
Attributes and Competencies
• Oral communication skills to receive calls and ascertain precise nature and urgency of calls and to respond to a wide range of inquiries regarding programs.
• Written communications skills to read/prepare forms and documents.
• Interpersonal skills, tact and courtesy to interact with all levels of personnel and the general public in a helpful manner, solicit information from individuals who may have language difficulties, be upset or disruptive.
Full Time Temporary