London Regional Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is currently welcoming a part-time, full-time and casual Veterinary Receptionist to join our team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an organized, motivated, and empathetic individual to join us in a very important support role for the entire hospital. In this role, you will help our clients and their pets feel welcomed and appreciated!
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for our patients and pet parents
- Ability to answer a multiline phone system and track and book appointments effectively
- Placing outbound calls to pet parents for follow-up and future appointment bookings
- Respond and manage email correspondence; clients, referring veterinarians & internal office messages
- Admitting and discharging pet patients
- Invoicing/billing; creating estimates, obtaining pet owner confirmation and processing payments
- Scheduling appointments
- Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting people at ease and creating a welcoming environment
- General housekeeping duties; cleanliness of reception area, pet holding areas and common areas
- Willingness to learn more regarding; veterinary services, updated medical office procedures and assisting the Veterinary staff with various tasks and treatments
- Previous customer service or front desk experience in hospitality is an asset!
- No experience with animals, no problem, so long as you love pets!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- RRSP Employer 5 % Match Program – saving for your future just got easier!
- Competitive wages and benefits!
- Annual uniform allowance
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Click “Apply Now”
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person