Summary of functions
Reporting to the Sr Supervisor - Production, the selected candidate will work closely with the operations team to coordinate the process related to the manufacturing of products, according to health standards and safety, quality, costs and healthiness established. He will therefore have to ensure the management of the daily activities of a team of approximately 30 unionized employees, their performance and output, which includes in particular the management of absenteeism, disciplinary measures and grievances.
Dynamic company in constant evolution, which requires taking on several challenges and developing on a daily basis, while allowing flexible working hours.
The main responsibilities of the position holder will be:
* Promote and ensure a healthy and safe work environment in accordance with the vision and values of the organization;
* Plan, control and monitor operational activities while respecting established quality, hygiene and safety standards;
* Management of human, material and financial resources associated with his shift;
* Carry out rigorous monitoring of costs related to your department and analyze opportunities for operational cost savings;
* See to the daily management of a team of unionized employees (attendance, productivity, training, etc.);
* Maintain good communications with the union and ensure compliance with the collective agreement;
* Analyze and interpret productivity data;
* Monitor performance indicators;
* Participate in continuous improvement projects (SMED, 5S, etc.).
* At least a DES or equivalent diploma in an appropriate discipline. (notably industrial engineering and/or administration and/or management) (Note: candidates with equivalent training combined with experience deemed relevant will be considered during the selection process)
* Minimum three (3) to five (5) years in a team management position (unionized environment preferred);
* Leadership, Autonomy and strong communication skills recognized;
* Rigorous, flexible and organized;
* Good resistance to the stress and pressure of a manufacturing environment;
* Good knowledge of the Office suite, such as Word and Excel software (knowledge of the SAP or Oracle system maintenance module will be considered an asset);
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Quebec City, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)