At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Over the next 4 years, the Region’s goal is to become a Digital First organization that is committed to delivering high-quality services in the digital age. Our Digital Mission is to offer 125 of our most used customer-facing services and the top 50 internal processes and staff experiences as complete digital services by 2025.
Through collaboration, innovation, digital and information decision-making models, accountability, and partnerships, Halton Region aims to Build a Strong Digital Culture. The Region aims to invest in education, and training, celebrate and showcase successes and build a community of practice that will share knowledge and tap into individual skills.
There is no better time to join Halton Region as we transform our conventions and practices to better serve our community and employees.
Posting ID: 2591
Department: Digital & Information Services
Division: Digital Services & Data Management
Pay Range: $53,859 - $71,814
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: November 15, 2023
Application Deadline: November 21, 2023
This position provides customer service support in Halton Region’s 311 contact centre.
- Addresses customer inquiries received by telephone, e-mail, TTY, language translator, via social media and at in person reception counters.
- Investigates and maintains an expert awareness of Regional services, service issues, department structures and responsibilities, Regional staff, and members of Council.
- Investigates and maintains a good awareness of Municipal, Provincial, Federal and community services.
- Researches information in response to inquiries by following up with departments, using the Internet, and other resources.
- Delivers a wide range of information and referrals on Halton Region and municipal partners’ programs and services.
- Provides information and referrals on Province of Ontario and Government of Canada programs and services.
- Maintains accurate customer inquiry tracking records in a Customer Relationship Management computer application.
- Recognizes trends or changes in types of questions and opinions of the public, and reacts to situation changes by ensuring that appropriate persons are notified.
- Works within a team environment where high quality of service and customer service satisfaction is a standard.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Post secondary education in business/office administration, computer studies, or customer service or related discipline.
- Ability to deliver service to diverse customers.
- Problem solving and complaint resolution skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office software, customer management solutions and multi-media.
- Sitting in fixed period for work shift.
- Flexibility in work hours including weekend work is required.
- Criminal Record Check.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high-quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused, and award-winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment.