At Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, our upscale hotel is focused on providing an exceptional personalized experience to our local and international clientele. Every day we come to work filled with passion to provide our guests with the best possible experience we can offer. If you’re interested in working with a remarkable team and creating unforgettable guest experiences, we are the place for you!
The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront is looking for our next great colleague to take on the role of Cook 2. As a member of our Culinary team, you posses excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with a keen eye for detail to help ensure all food items coming out of the kitchen are of the highest quality and prepared in a timely and efficient manner.
- Preparing ingredients for cooking, including chopping and storing food.
- Washing and peeling fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Preparing and cooking food according to quality standards.
- Monitoring food quality during food preparation.
- Operating ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Setting up and breaking down work stations.
- Performing all other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in a similar capacity, or 2 years previous experience as a Cook 3.
- Food Safe certification required.
- High school diploma / G.E.D. equivalent.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 11.5 kilograms (25 pounds) without assistance.
- Frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time required.
- Good understanding of restaurant, room service and banquet procedures.
- Legal Work Status: Must already possess necessary documentation to work legally in Canada.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.16-$28.75 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 1 year (required)
- Hotel: 1 year (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person