Here's what you'd do:
- The main function of a systems RF communications payload specialist is to provide RF and electrical system design, performance analysis, implementation, and testing in support of communication payloads in the space industry.
- The Payload Telecommunication specialist provides both payload architecture design and RF system performance analysis and performance budgets (capacity, Gain, GoT, EIRP) during the payload life cycle, including bids, requirement definitions, project implementation, testing phases along with R&D activities in support of payload or processes improvement.
- Provide support to or lead payload design activities.
- Participate in the Payload electrical and RF System performance evaluation.
- Write engineering documentation system requirements, SOC, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, equipment specifications, test requirements, and RFD/RFW.
- Perform system worst-case analysis, inputs, and support to program reviews EQSR, SRR, PDR, and CDR.
- Payload assembly Integration and Test. Attend test reviews: TRR, TRB, DRB, and NCR's.
- Support Payload testing: EGSE, Test supervision, and data analysis.
- Support Satellite tests at S/C supplier premises.
- Support In-Orbit Test (IOT).
- Technical monitoring of major subcontractors: Receivers, LNAs, Converters, SSPAs, LTWTAs, Multiplexers, and filters.
- Support to DC & RF harness design and payload layout.
- Write up the Payload Operations Manual.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Aerospace
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Telecommunications Satellite Payloads in the satellite industry.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Direct Radiating Array (DRA) Antenna with multiple active elements
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing
- Familiarity with the DVB-S2X and DVB-RCS2 air interface standards and their applications.
- Familiarity with Digital MODEM, Digital Channelizer, and Digital Beam Forming performance requirements
- Familiarity with Network Switching protocols (Ethernet, MPLS) for non-terrestrial applications
- Familiarity with Payload AI&T activities and Payload test methods
- RF Communication System modeling and simulation experience
- Familiarity with digital communication interfaces such as SpaceWire, CANBus
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $87,500.00-$135,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Telecommunications Satellite Payloads: 5 years (required)
- Satellite industry: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person