Canlan Sports is the largest private sector owner and operator of recreational sports complexes in North America. The company's success in the recreation-entertainment & hospitality industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming, service delivery leadership and world-class sports complexes. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Canlan Ice Sports is currently looking for independent contractors to be Referees.
The referee will provide solid technical officiating to each game they are responsible for. Officiating will be done in line with the respective recognized rules (CHA, ASHL, 3on3, YHL). The referee is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the rules and be fair in their application.
- The referee will be properly prepared before each game. This includes their uniform and personal equipment.
- The referee will ensure each team is properly prepared for the game. This includes an equipment check as a player check to ensure all players are legitimate.
- Will be present and inspect the pre-game warm up.
- Will ensure game sheets are properly completed
- Provide game instruction
- Officiate the game
- Ensure the safe exit of both teams.
- Sign off on the game sheet; ensure accuracy of penalties, possible suspensions and other records as required.
- As appropriate – prepare for the next game.
- As appropriate – end of day procedures.
- Will complete and invoice Canlan for services in line with established procedures.
- Will report all occurrences in line with established procedures.
- CHA (or Provincial Equivalent) Level 2
If you are interested in this role, please fill out an online application
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices.